Writing for the web and writing for print are two very different things. Most people spend less than a minute on a web page. They look for the information they want, and then they are off to the next thing.
When writing copy for the web there are a few simple guidelines to keep in mind:
- Keep it short and to the point.
- Break up the text with headers.
- Include visual elements that convey your message.
- Make sure there is plenty of white space for ease in reading.
- Bullet points are a GREAT way to highlight important content.
If you follow these guidelines, you will get your story across with success.